Sunday 3 June 2012

Diamonds in Kaffe Fassett


In the quiet of the night, I quilt.



Well that is what this quilt needs. 


I really wanted a project that I could take with me, to work, the footy, while waiting for tennis lessons to finish … you know what I mean!


So, I purchased four beautiful fat quarters of Kaffe Fassett fabric, some English paper piecing Diamonds, and got cutting.

 

I have basted and starched and have to decide on a plan.  Do I keep the diamonds on point?  Or, do I arrange in a center star, and add around in a circular fashion? 

No real plan as yet.  I do love the impressionist type quilts that you see when you Google , ‘diamond quilt’, so have a vague idea of where I want to go, but the quilt will evolve with my future fabric acquisitions.


I am excited about the quilt, and will enjoy making it.



I have also got off to a cracking start on my Craftsy BOM for June.  



 
Greek Cross



Octagon


All done, and quite pleased  with my modern 9 patch blocks.










3 comments:

  1. I love your diamonds! They're going to make a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anorina! I just can't get enough of Kaffe at the minute, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the diamonds and Kaffe fabrics too! Great projects.

    : )

    ReplyDelete