Tuesday 3 January 2012

What to do with a Layer Cake

That is the question I have found myself asking!!

I want to make a lovely throw for my mother.  She is often in the hospital having treatments of different sorts and thought it might be nice for her to have a quilt to take with her on these hiatus'.

I have a layer cake (several infact), but wanted to use the 'Sassy' layer cake from Sandy Gervais.  I love the coral, blue, greens, blacks and creams.


\

I searched long and hard and just couldn't find what I was after.  When I was beginning to think I couldn't find what I was after, I stumbled across a tutorial by the Missouri Star Quilt Co.  It is super easy and will come together really quickly.




Just piecing the squares together for the second time, and then it will be ready to put a border around.  Not sure on the backing or the binding as yet.  I was thinking I would source a piece of fabric off the bolt for the backing.  Will see how it comes together.



No comments:

Post a Comment