Thursday 1 December 2011

Summer is Here!



So it is December already!!  Summer is here, and in true Melbourne fashion, the heater was on.  It has been a muggy, stormy couple of weeks, and it looks like we are in for more of the same.

I have had a couple of days off and this has allowed me to catch up of lots of things around home.  Orientation for Master 6, at his new school and just a little bit of Christmas shopping for good measure.  

I have also been on the hunt for a block to use this Good Fortune fabric which I have here.  I have been itching to cut it up, but wanted to have a plan, rather than go adhoc and possibly miscalculate.  Lucky I did, as I realised I need more fabric.  So I have sent for some more and when it arrives will be able to really get stuck into it.  I have already ironed the fat 1/8th and will pre cut what I need from this, then use the fabric which is coming for the thiner strips in the block.  



Miss 8 has had the chicken pox.  Thankfully it was a mild dose, but she still needed to be at home for a week.  As the pox were almost healed, the last day to be sure ... we went to our LQS and had a browse.  I did need a permenent marking pen, but the other purchases were not planned.

We chose three fat quarters and a yo yo maker, so that the hair ties planned as xmas gifts to friends from school can be started.  The fabric is festive, yet not limited to xmas time.  We will have fun making these.  Here are a couple we have made already.





Also in the purchases was a lovely pattern for a bag, and a kit to make it with.  I have just the person in mind for it, for christmas.  One more thing to check off the list!!

I also posted my EB DQS 5 today!!  Very excited to see what my swapee thinks of my efforts.  I have had such a fun time designing and seeing my creation come together as it did.  Can't wait to be able to share the finished product with you all.  I think I am hooked on mini quilts now!!  



Now to get cutting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment