Wednesday 28 December 2011

A new quilt to share

Christmas has been and gone, and the New Year is almost here.  We have had a lovely time getting together as family and celebrating this special time of the year.  Miss 8 and Master 6 were particularly happy to see that Santa arrived and left some gifts under the tree.  I decided rather than doing the standard pavlova that I normally do, to make a Raspberry and Marcapone Trifle as a change.  It was divine.  Not sweet, yet deliciously smooth, creamy and with a lovely bite from the lemon rind, limoncello liquor and rasberry's.  Will definately make this again.





I utilized the time that my mother in law was visiting, to finish a baby quilt.  In part to show her the process, and also as this baby may make an appearance at any time!!  I had started this quilt earlier in the year, however it got put to the back burner.  I really wasn’t feeling the love, until I got some gorgeous fabric which really made the quilt top.  I used the same fabric as the backing, and a lovely stripe as a binding.  It is now ready to go to its new home.






In the post Christmas sales I managed to add to the stash in a big way.  At $4.20 p/meter I saved a bunch.  I have plans for most of it, and got large pieces so that I have the options of using these prints as backings if I desire.  





No comments:

Post a Comment